September in Review

The Fall 2020 semester is certainly one that I will never forget. After graduating from Tulane University in 2018, I made the decision to return to graduate school this semester. However, I am one of a few students who chose to learn remotely from my respective hometown in Nashville, TN. Based on my observations so far, classes go smoother when there is some procedure/expectation set. Professors all have different preferences regarding communication options b/w chat, raising a hand, etc. It is also helpful to communicate if they want videos on or off, audio muted when not talking, etc. most of my professors have checked in with our remote status, as well as encouraged us to reach out and chat, basically keeping up the human side of learning that can be critical to a wholistic schooling experience. 

I'm appreciative of how swiftly some of my professors have adapted to the COVID-19 situation. Some have offered flexibility on deadlines and others have adapted their syllabi to a virtual environment. Most professors who've tried to make their classroom flexible have been successful at it. For example, uploading lectures has assisted with schedule disruptions, online discussions have circumvented presentation requirements, and group research projects (Advances) have helped maintain a sense of in-class collaboration amongst my peers. 

So far, we have covered topics ranging from drug receptors, drug metabolism, and infectious disease to neuromuscular and CV physiology. The program's integrated learning processes have allowed me and other students to learn in a truly interdisciplinary fashion. I look forward to our next module as we start the autonomic nervous system and then build on our prior exposure to the cardiovascular system. 

Service Hours: 7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

November in Review