October in Review

 Happy October to all

These past 4 weeks have seemed to fly by for a multitude of reasons. We covered 3 separate modules in a span of 31 days and seemed to hit the ground running from the first week of the month. I am relieved that one of the more challenging modules, ANS Pharmacology and Physiology, is now behind us. The study habits that I have developed over the past 8-10 weeks have prepared me well for continued success with our curriculum. The team-based learning exercises and extensive online educational resources related to the 3 separate modules encouraged student engagement, a deeper understanding of pharmacological concepts and a sense of responsibility towards classmates. 

While COVID-19 has restricted our public outreach for the semester, we have found creative ways to engage both the New Orleans community and elsewhere. I wrote several letters to a penpal named Lloyd who resides at the Woodlands Healthcare Center in Los Gatos, CA. Although I have not heard back from him yet, I was drawn to his bio which mentioned a liking for sports and western movies, much like myself. I look forward to future communications with Mr. Lloyd and potentially other senior residents given our limited outreach opportunities. 


I have also been working on finding my work/ life balance while studying remotely in Nashville, TN. Tennis has served as a temporary escape from the rigors of academic life while exercises at a safe distance. I look forward to the indoor season here in town as well as my continued work with the Kids Serving Kids chapter as we continue to collect racket donations for the Boys and Girls Club in NOLA later this semester. 

Service Hours: 14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September in Review

November in Review