March in Review

 Happy March to All,

This past month can only be described by one word: demanding. We began the month with our final two module exams covering psych topics that ranged from AD/Parkinsons to endocrine signaling and cancer cell proliferation. Contrary to popular opinion, I have thoroughly enjoyed the "Cellular Control Mechanisms" course this semester given the diverse range of topics covered including cell cycle control, cell growth, differentiation and proliferation. I look forward to wrapping up our semester and year with a focus on mitochondria and their role in cells as well as pharmacogenomics. This blog post would not be fitting if I did not mention the final NBME exam that we collectively took as a class on March 1,2021. Having already completed some lengthy standardized tests in the past, I felt confident as I prepared a study schedule and allowed the appropriate study time nearly 1 month in advance of the test. I would like to thank several of my fellow students for volunteering their time to review/explain past material. This practice exam was certainly a culmination of our efforts these past 8 months and I am hoping that it pays off with high results for the entire class. 

We continue to make great strides in our service project "Kids Serving Kids" for the New Orleans Chapter. We have increased our racket count to 30 rackets for the year which will be donated to the Boys and Girls Club of Southeast Louisiana. I was ecstatic to learn that our commencement ceremony will be held in person while taking appropriate social distancing measures in May. This will allow me to formally hand over these donations in person while also celebrating our accomplishments with the entire Masters program!

Service Hours: 18


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October in Review

September in Review

November in Review